The Wisconsin Badgers (2-1) take on a fellow Big Ten foe when they visit the Purdue Boilermakers (1-1) on Friday, September 22, 2023 at Ross-Ade Stadium.
The Badgers took on the Georgia Southern Eagles in their most recent outing, winning 35-14. The Boilermakers’ most recent game finished in a 35-20 loss to the Syracuse Orange.
Tanner Mordecai threw for 236 yards, with no touchdowns and no interceptions on 19-of-30 passing (63.3%) for the Badgers in that matchup against the Eagles. He also added seven carries for 36 yards and two rushing touchdowns. Braelon Allen took 12 carries for 94 yards (7.8 yards per carry) and two touchdowns, while adding two receptions for five yards in the passing game. Chimere Dike had 57 yards on three catches (19.0 per reception) in that game.
Hudson Card threw for 323 yards for the Boilers against the Orange, going 32-for-46 (69.6%) with one touchdown and one interception. He added eight carries for -4 yards and one touchdown. In that matchup, Tyrone Tracy Jr. had a 10-carry, 38-yard game (3.8 yards per attempt) with one touchdown. He also added one reception for five yards . Abdur-Rahmaan Yaseen caught 10 passes for 114 yards (11.4 yards per catch).
The Badgers are touchdown favorites in their matchup with the Boilermakers.
Check out: US LBM Coaches Poll powered by USA Today sports
Wisconsin vs. Purdue odds and lines
College football odds courtesy of BetMGM Sportsbook. Odds updated Sunday at 4:15 AM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Spread Favorite: Wisconsin (-7)
Wisconsin Betting Splits
- Wisconsin hasn won once against the spread this season.
- Wisconsin owns one win ATS (1-1) as a 7-point favorite or greater this season.
- One of three Wisconsin games have hit the over this year.
Purdue Betting Splits
- Purdue has one win against the spread this season.
- Purdue has had one game (of three) go over the total this year.
Wisconsin Last Season Leaders
- Graham Mertz: 2,136 PASS YDS / 164.3 YPG / 57.1% / 19 TD / 10 INT
- Allen: 229 CAR / 1,237 YDS / 95.2 YPG / 11 TD / 13 REC / 104 YDS / 8 YPG / 0 TD
- Chez Mellusi: 112 CAR / 473 YDS / 36.4 YPG / 2 TD / 2 REC / 25 YDS / 1.9 YPG / 1 TD
- Dike: 47 REC / 689 YDS / 53 YPG / 6 TD
- Skyler Bell: 30 REC / 444 YDS / 34.2 YPG / 5 TD
- Keontez Lewis: 20 REC / 313 YDS / 24.1 YPG / 3 TD
- Nick Herbig: 45 TKL / 13 TFL / 11 SACK
- Maema Njongmeta: 89 TKL / 8 TFL / 3.5 SACK / 1 INT / 1 PD
- John Torchio: 50 TKL / 3 TFL / 1 SACK / 5 INT / 5 PD
Purdue Last Season Leaders
- Aidan O’Connell: 3,481 PASS YDS / 248.6 YPG / 64.2% / 22 TD / 13 INT
- Devin Mockobee: 196 CAR / 968 YDS / 69.1 YPG / 9 TD / 31 REC / 274 YDS / 19.6 YPG / 0 TD
- Dylan Downing: 93 CAR / 351 YDS / 25.1 YPG / 4 TD / 12 REC / 100 YDS / 7.1 YPG / 0 TD
- Charlie Jones: 110 REC / 1,361 YDS / 97.2 YPG / 12 TD
- Payne Durham: 56 REC / 560 YDS / 40 YPG / 8 TD
- TJ Sheffield: 46 REC / 480 YDS / 34.3 YPG / 4 TD
- Jack Sullivan: 26 TKL / 4 TFL / 5.5 SACK
- Sanoussi Kane: 50 TKL / 2 TFL / 1 SACK / 1 PD
- Jamari Brown: 12 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 SACK / 3 INT / 4 PD
Wisconsin vs. Purdue Game Time, Local, How to Watch
- Game Date: Friday, September 22, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
- Venue: Ross-Ade Stadium
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- TV Channel: FOX Sports Networks
- Live Stream: Fubo (Watch for free)
Follow the latest college sports coverage at College Sports Wire.