Forget about spending thousands on a new iPhone. With the latest iOS 17 update, Apple is bringing a host of exciting features to iPhone models sold over the past five years. No matter if you have an iPhone XS or a more recent model, you can enhance your iPhone experience without breaking the bank.
Launching alongside the highly anticipated iPhone 15, this update introduces a range of new functionalities that were previously exclusive to the latest models. Here are the top 10 features that you don’t want to miss:
- Contact Cards: Say goodbye to boring caller ID photos. iOS 17 introduces vibrant and customisable “Contact Cards” that can even use an animated Memoji instead of a simple photo.
- Revamped Call Screen: Experience a completely transformed call interface. The redesigned call screen places mute and speakerphone options at the bottom, making room for visually stunning Contact Cards in the centre. It may take some getting used to, but it blends seamlessly with the other updates.
- Check In Feature: Stay safe during your commutes with the new Check In feature in iMessage. Set a time or location, and if there’s no progress towards your destination, the feature will check on you and share important information with a selected contact.
- Standby Mode: Turn your charging phone into a multi-functional display. With Standby Mode, your phone becomes a versatile companion, showing the time, calendar appointments, and easy-to-read notifications.
- NameDrop: Say goodbye to awkward phone exchanges. NameDrop allows you to effortlessly exchange contact details with a single tap.
- Enhanced AirDrop: Sharing photos and files has never been easier. The improved AirDrop can transfer data via mobile or WiFi connections, even if you move away mid-transfer.
- AutoCorrect Improvements: Enjoy a smarter and more intuitive autocorrect feature. It predicts words more accurately and indicates when the Caps Lock is activated, making typing faster and easier.
- SharePlay: Keep the music playing during road trips. SharePlay allows you to play your music through CarPlay without disconnecting the driver’s phone.
- Assistive Access: Experience a more inclusive iPhone interface. Assistive Access features large icons and the ability to add essential apps, catering to individuals with cognitive disabilities.
- Personal Voice: Preserve your identity even in the face of voice degradation. Create a “Personal Voice” by reading prompt cards, and it can articulate your typed messages.
Article continues after this ad
Other awesome features coming soon
Look forward to the soon-to-be-released Journal app that syncs with your Photos and various other apps. Enjoy collective playlist creation in Music for harmonious road trips, explore offline Maps, discover new recipes through food photo analysis, and secure your device with lockdown mode, among other exciting updates. See the full range of features here.
Ready to upgrade?
Simply go to Settings, select General, and tap Software Update to upgrade to iOS 17. The update is gradually rolling out, so keep checking if it’s not available immediately.
iOS 17 is compatible with a wide range of iPhone models, from the iPhone SE (2nd generation and newer) to the latest iPhone 14 series.
Article continues after this ad