The Milwaukee Brewers (27-22) will host the San Francisco Giants (24-25), Thursday at 7:40 PM ET, in the opener of a four-game series.
The Brewers are an underdog (+107 on the moneyline to win) when they take on the Giants (-125). The San Francisco Giants will hand the ball to Scott Alexander (4-0), but the Brewers’ starting pitcher has not been announced yet.
The Giants lost 7-1 to the Twins yesterday, with Anthony DeSclafani (five innings, giving up four earned runs on six hits while striking out six) on the line for the loss. Brandon Crawford went 1-for-2 with a double to lead the Giants offensively in the defeat.
The Brewers earned a 4-0 victory over the Astros yesterday. Willy Adames (1-for-4 with a home run and two RBI) led the way offensively, while Adrian Houser got the win on the mound after going 5 1/3 innings without giving up an earned run on two hits, while striking out three.
Here is what you need to prepare for Thursday’s Giants vs. Brewers contest, including viewing options.
San Francisco Giants vs. Milwaukee Brewers Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Thursday at 3:24 PM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Giants (-125, bet $125 to win $100)
- Underdog: Brewers (+107, bet $100 to win $107)
- Over/under: 9
Catch the excitement and bet with Tipico!
Double Down, Ohio! Deposit $200, Get $250. Bet now! In Colorado and New Jersey, claim your 100% Deposit Match up to $250 now! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions.
Giants Stats and Trends
Giants Betting Records
- The Giants have won 11, or 47.8%, of the 23 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- San Francisco has a record of 6-10, a 37.5% win rate, when favored by -125 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The Giants have a 55.6% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- San Francisco’s games have gone over the total in 22 of its 49 chances.
- The Giants are 24-25-0 against the spread in their 49 chances this season.
Scott Alexander (Giants Probable Starter)
- Alexander will start for the Giants, his first this season.
- The 33-year-old left-hander has 21 appearances out of the bullpen this season.
- In 21 appearances this season, he has compiled a 4.42 ERA and averages 4.4 strikeouts per nine innings while opposing batters are hitting .209 against him.
- The Brewers have scored 205 total runs this season, making them MLB’s 23rd-ranked scoring offense on the season so far. As a team they have a .238 batting average while hitting 62 home runs (10th in the league).
Giants Batting Stats
- The Giants have hit 67 homers this season, which ranks seventh in the league.
- Hitters for San Francisco have combined for a team rank of 14th in the majors with a .409 team slugging percentage.
- The Giants have a team batting average of .240 this season, which ranks 19th among MLB teams.
- San Francisco has scored the 21st-most runs in the majors this season with 210 (4.3 per game).
- The Giants have an OBP of .315 this season, which ranks 17th in MLB.
- San Francisco is one of the least-disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking 28th with an average of 9.8 strikeouts per game.
Brewers Stats and Trends
Brewers Betting Records
- The Brewers have been underdogs in 22 games this season and have come away with the win 12 times (54.5%) in those contests.
- This year, Milwaukee has won 10 of 18 games when listed as at least +107 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Brewers have an implied victory probability of 48.3% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Milwaukee’s games have gone over the total in 22 of its 49 opportunities.
- The Brewers have an against the spread record of 24-25-0 in 49 games with a line this season.
Brewers Batting Stats
- The Brewers rank 10th in MLB play with 62 total home runs.
- So far this year, Milwaukee is 16th in the majors, slugging .394.
- The Brewers have the 21st-ranked batting average in the majors (.238).
- Averaging 4.2 runs per game (205 total), Milwaukee is the 23rd-highest scoring team in the majors.
- The Brewers’ .311 on-base percentage ranks 21st in MLB.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Giants vs. Brewers: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Thursday, May 25, 2023
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Stadium: American Family Field
- TV Channel: MLB.tv
- Live Stream: Fubo (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER. Must be 21 or older to gamble.