At Yankee Stadium on Friday, the San Diego Padres (23-27) open a three-game series against the New York Yankees (30-22), at 7:05 PM ET.
As the favorite, the Padres (-126 on the moneyline) take the field at the Yankees (+106). The San Diego Padres will hand the ball to Joe Musgrove (1-2, 6.75 ERA), who is looking for win No. 2 on the season, and the Yankees will counter with Randy Vasquez.
The Padres won 8-6 over the Nationals yesterday in their last game. Drew Carlton was the winning pitcher after throwing one inning without giving up a hit or an earned run, while Rougned Odor went 2-for-5 with a double, a home run and five RBI to lead them offensively.
The Yankees lost to the Orioles yesterday, with Clarke Schmidt registering the loss while pitching five innings, giving up one earned run on five hits while striking out four. Willie Calhoun went 2-for-3 with a double and an RBI to lead the Yankees’ offense.
Here’s what you need to prepare for Friday’s Padres vs. Yankees contest, including viewing options.
San Diego Padres vs. New York Yankees Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Friday at 3:22 AM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Padres (-126, bet $126 to win $100)
- Underdog: Yankees (+106, bet $100 to win $106)
- Over/under: 9
Catch the excitement and bet with Tipico!
Double Down, Ohio! Deposit $200, Get $250. Bet now! In Colorado and New Jersey, claim your 100% Deposit Match up to $250 now! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions.
Padres Stats and Trends
Padres Betting Records
- The Padres have been favorites in 31 games this season and won 15 (48.4%) of those contests.
- San Diego is 15-14 this season when entering a game favored by -126 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Padres, based on the moneyline, is 55.8%.
- Games involving San Diego has gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 16 of 50 chances this season.
- The Padres have an ATS record of 24-26-0 in 50 games with a spread this season.
Joe Musgrove (Padres Probable Starter)
- Musgrove (1-2 with a 6.75 ERA and 25 strikeouts in 24 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Padres, his sixth of the season.
- The right-hander’s most recent appearance was on Sunday against the Boston Red Sox, when he tossed five innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing six hits.
- In five games this season, the 30-year-old has a 6.75 ERA and 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .287 to his opponents.
- Musgrove has not recorded a quality start yet this season.
- Musgrove is looking for his fourth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 4.8 innings per appearance on the hill.
- He will face a Yankees offense that ranks 11th in the league with 239 runs while batting .235 as a unit. It has a collective .418 slugging percentage (12th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 78 home runs (fourth in MLB).
Padres Batting Stats
- The Padres rank 14th in Major League Baseball with 58 home runs.
- Fueled by 146 extra-base hits, San Diego ranks 21st in MLB with a .386 slugging percentage this season.
- The Padres have a team batting average of just .223 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- San Diego has scored 200 runs (four per game) this season, which ranks 25th in MLB.
- The Padres have an on-base percentage of .315 this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- San Diego ranks 20th with an average of 8.9 strikeouts per game.
Yankees Stats and Trends
Yankees Betting Records
- The Yankees have been underdogs in 14 games this season and have come away with the win six times (42.9%) in those contests.
- This season, New York has been victorious five times in 13 chances when named as an underdog of at least +106 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Yankees have an implied victory probability of 48.5% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in 24 of its 52 opportunities.
- The Yankees are 28-24-0 against the spread in their 52 games that had a posted line this season.
Randy Vasquez (Yankees Probable Starter)
- Vasquez will start for the Yankees, his first this season.
- The 24-year-old righty is making his MLB debut.
- The Padres are 25th in MLB action with 200 runs scored this season, and are batting .223 with 58 home runs (14th in baseball).
Yankees Batting Stats
- The Yankees are fourth in MLB action with 78 total home runs.
- So far this year, New York is 12th in the majors, slugging .418.
- The Yankees have the 23rd-ranked batting average in the majors (.235).
- The offense for New York is the No. 11 offense in the majors, scoring 4.6 runs per game (239 total runs).
- The Yankees are 23rd in MLB with an on-base percentage of .309.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Padres vs. Yankees: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Friday, May 26, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
- TV Channel: MLB.tv
- Live Stream: Fubo (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER. Must be 21 or older to gamble.