On Saturday, the Los Angeles Dodgers (35-23) are hosting the New York Yankees (34-25), at 7:15 PM ET, in the second game of a three-game set.
The Yankees are a favorite (-127) at the Dodgers (+108). The Yankees will start Gerrit Cole (6-0) against the Dodgers and Michael Grove (0-1).
Yesterday, the Dodgers claimed an 8-4 victory over the Yankees, with Clayton Kershaw (7.0 IP, 2 R, 4 H, 9 K) earning the win for the Dodgers. Mookie Betts went 4-for-4 with two home runs and three RBI to lead the offensive attack. Luis Severino (4.0 IP, 7 R, 9 H, 2 K) was credited with the loss for the Yankees.
To prepare for this Yankees vs. Dodgers matchup, here is everything you need to prepare for Saturday’s MLB action, including viewing options.
New York Yankees vs. Los Angeles Dodgers Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Saturday at 3:21 AM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Yankees (-127, bet $127 to win $100)
- Underdog: Dodgers (+108, bet $100 to win $108)
- Over/under: 9
Catch the excitement and bet with Tipico!
Double Down, Ohio! Deposit $200, Get $250. Bet now! In Colorado and New Jersey, claim your 100% Deposit Match up to $250 now! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions.
Yankees Stats and Trends
Yankees Betting Records
- The Yankees have been favorites in 40 games this season and won 26 (65%) of those contests.
- New York is 24-10 this season when entering a game favored by -127 or more on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 55.9% chance of a victory for the Yankees.
- Games involving New York has gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 28 of 59 chances this season.
- The Yankees are 32-27-0 against the spread in their 59 chances this season.
Gerrit Cole (Yankees Probable Starter)
- Cole (6-0 with a 2.93 ERA and 79 strikeouts in 73 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Yankees, his 13th of the season.
- In his last outing on Sunday against the San Diego Padres, the righty went six innings, giving up five earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- The 32-year-old has put up an ERA of 2.93, with 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings, in 12 games this season. Opponents are batting .213 against him.
- Cole is looking to pick up his eighth quality start of the year in this game.
- Cole will try to last five or more innings for his 13th straight appearance. He’s averaging 6.1 frames per outing.
- He will take the hill against a Dodgers offense that ranks 17th in MLB with 478 total hits (on a .245 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .466 (second in MLB) with 100 total home runs (second in MLB).
- This season, the 32-year-old ranks 14th in ERA (2.93), 28th in WHIP (1.140), and 25th in K/9 (9.7) among pitchers who qualify.
Yankees Batting Stats
- The Yankees have hit 90 homers this season, which ranks fourth in the league.
- Fueled by 172 extra-base hits, New York ranks ninth in MLB with a .422 slugging percentage this season.
- The Yankees’ .238 batting average ranks 22nd in the league this season.
- New York has scored the 10th-most runs in the majors this season with 277.
- The Yankees have an OBP of .308 this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB.
- New York is ranked 16th in strikeouts per game (8.4) among MLB offenses.
Dodgers Stats and Trends
Dodgers Betting Records
- The Dodgers have been underdogs in 11 games this season and have come away with the win five times (45.5%) in those contests.
- This year, Los Angeles has won three of six games when listed as at least +108 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Dodgers have a 48.1% chance of walking away with the win.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over in 34 of its 58 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Dodgers have an against the spread mark of 34-24-0 in 58 games with a line this season.
Michael Grove (Dodgers Probable Starter)
- Grove makes the start for the Dodgers, his fifth of the season. He is 0-1 with an 8.44 ERA and 14 strikeouts in 16 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance was on Thursday, April 20 against the Chicago Cubs, when the right-hander tossed three innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- The 26-year-old has amassed an 8.44 ERA and 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings across four games this season, while giving up a batting average of .313 to opposing batters.
- Grove has pitched five or more innings in a game one time this year heading into this matchup.
- The opposing Yankees offense has the ninth-ranked slugging percentage (.422) and ranks fourth in home runs hit (90) in all of MLB. They have a collective .238 batting average, and are 20th in the league with 466 total hits and 10th in MLB play scoring 277 runs.
Dodgers Batting Stats
- The Dodgers are second in MLB action with 100 total home runs.
- This season, Los Angeles ranks second in the majors, slugging .466.
- The Dodgers rank 19th in the majors with a .245 batting average.
- Los Angeles is the third-highest scoring team in baseball, averaging 5.6 runs per game (327 total).
- The Dodgers’ .332 on-base percentage is fourth-best in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Yankees vs. Dodgers: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Saturday, June 3, 2023
- Game Time: 7:15 PM ET
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
- TV Channel: MLB.tv
- Live Stream: Fubo (Watch Here!)
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER. Must be 21 or older to gamble.