At Progressive Field on Friday, the Cleveland Guardians (21-28) begin a three-game series against the St. Louis Cardinals (23-29), at 7:10 PM ET.
The Cardinals (+106 underdog on the moneyline) visit the Guardians (-127). The scheduled starters are Shane Bieber (3-3) for the Cleveland Guardians, and Matthew Liberatore (1-0) for the St. Louis Cardinals.
The Guardians’ matchup Friday versus the White Sox finished in a 6-0 loss. Andres Gimenez went 2-for-3 in the defeat, while Cal Quantrill threw four innings, giving up six earned runs on four hits while striking out two en route to taking the loss.
The Cardinals picked up a 2-1 victory against the Reds yesterday. Nolan Gorman (1-for-3 with a double and an RBI) led the way offensively, while Miles Mikolas got the win on the mound after going seven innings without giving up an earned run on five hits, while striking out five.
Here’s what you need to get ready for Friday’s Guardians vs. Cardinals contest, including viewing options.
Cleveland Guardians vs. St. Louis Cardinals Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Thursday at 9:16 PM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Guardians (-127, bet $127 to win $100)
- Underdog: Cardinals (+106, bet $100 to win $106)
- Over/under: 8
Catch the excitement and bet with Tipico!
Double Down, Ohio! Deposit $200, Get $250. Bet now! In Colorado and New Jersey, claim your 100% Deposit Match up to $250 now! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions.
Guardians Stats and Trends
Guardians Betting Records
- This season, the Guardians have been favored 29 times and won 13, or 44.8%, of those games.
- This season Cleveland has won nine of its 21 games, or 42.9%, when favored by at least -127 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 55.9% chance of a victory for the Guardians.
- Games involving Cleveland has gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 18 of 48 chances this season.
- The Guardians are 20-28-0 against the spread this season.
Shane Bieber (Guardians Probable Starter)
- Bieber makes the start for the Guardians, his 11th of the season. He is 3-3 with a 3.08 ERA and 47 strikeouts in 64 1/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s most recent time out was on Sunday against the New York Mets, when he tossed eight innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 27-year-old has a 3.08 ERA and 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings in 10 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .257 to opposing hitters.
- Bieber has eight quality starts under his belt this season.
- Bieber has put up nine starts this year in which he pitched five or more innings.
- He will take the mound against a Cardinals offense that is batting .260 as a unit (eighth in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .438 (fifth in MLB) with 72 total home runs (fifth in MLB).
- This season, the 27-year-old ranks 23rd in ERA (3.08), 37th in WHIP (1.212), and 64th in K/9 (6.6) among qualifying pitchers.
Guardians Batting Stats
- The Guardians rank last in Major League Baseball with just 30 home runs as a team.
- Hitters for Cleveland have combined to rank 30th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .339 this season.
- The Guardians have a team batting average of just .223 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- Cleveland is among the lowest-scoring teams in the majors, ranking last with just 169 total runs (3.4 per game) this season.
- The Guardians have an on-base percentage of .296 this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- No team has fewer strikeouts this season than Cleveland, whose batters have struck out only 7.2 times per game on average.
Cardinals Stats and Trends
Cardinals Betting Records
- The Cardinals have been chosen as underdogs in 23 games this year and have walked away with the win nine times (39.1%) in those games.
- This season, St. Louis has been victorious five times in 13 chances when named as an underdog of at least +106 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Cardinals have an implied victory probability of 48.5% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- St. Louis and its opponents have gone over in 28 of its 52 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Cardinals are 23-29-0 against the spread in their 52 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Matthew Liberatore (Cardinals Probable Starter)
- The Cardinals will look to Liberatore (1-0) to open the game and make his second start this season.
- His last appearance came out of the bullpen on Sunday when the lefty threw one inning against the Los Angeles Dodgers, surrendering two earned runs while giving up just one hit.
- He has a 3.00 ERA and 10.5 strikeouts per nine innings while opponents are hitting .200 against him over his two appearances this season.
- The opposing Guardians offense has the worst slugging percentage (.339) and ranks last in home runs hit (30) in all of MLB. They have a collective .223 batting average, and are last in the league with 361 total hits and last in MLB action scoring 169 runs.
Cardinals Batting Stats
- The Cardinals average 1.4 home runs per game to rank fifth in MLB play with 72 total home runs .
- So far this year, St. Louis is fifth in baseball, slugging .438.
- The Cardinals rank eighth in the majors with a .260 batting average.
- The offense for St. Louis is No. 4 in baseball, scoring 5.1 runs per game (263 total runs).
- The Cardinals’ .334 on-base percentage ranks fourth-best in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Guardians vs. Cardinals: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Friday, May 26, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Stadium: Progressive Field
- TV Channel: MLB.tv
- Live Stream: Fubo (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER. Must be 21 or older to gamble.