The Philadelphia Phillies (23-27) will visit the Atlanta Braves (31-19), in the second game of a four-game series, Friday at 7:20 PM ET.
The Phillies are an underdog (+129 on the moneyline to win) when they take the field at the Braves (-151). The starting pitchers are Jared Shuster (1-2) for the Atlanta Braves, and Taijuan Walker (3-2) for the Philadelphia Phillies.
These clubs play again following the Braves’ 8-5 victory over the Phillies yesterday. Nick Anderson (1.0 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 2 K) earned the win for the Braves. Marcell Ozuna went 2-for-3 with a double, a home run and an RBI to lead the team on offense. Gregory Soto (0.2 IP, 3 R, 4 H, 1 K) was credited with the loss on the mound for the Phillies.
Ahead of this Braves vs. Phillies showdown, here is everything you need to prepare for Friday’s MLB action, including viewing options.
Atlanta Braves vs. Philadelphia Phillies Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Friday at 3:21 AM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Braves (-151, bet $151 to win $100)
- Underdog: Phillies (+129, bet $100 to win $129)
- Over/under: 9.5
Catch the excitement and bet with Tipico!
Double Down, Ohio! Deposit $200, Get $250. Bet now! In Colorado and New Jersey, claim your 100% Deposit Match up to $250 now! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions.
Braves Stats and Trends
Braves Betting Records
- The Braves have entered the game as favorites 42 times this season and won 26, or 61.9%, of those games.
- This season Atlanta has won 16 of its 24 games, or 66.7%, when favored by at least -151 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 60.2% chance of a victory for the Braves.
- Atlanta and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 30 of 50 opportunities.
- The Braves have an ATS record of 20-30-0 in 50 games with a spread this season.
Jared Shuster (Braves Probable Starter)
- Shuster (1-2 with a 5.49 ERA and 15 strikeouts in 19 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Braves, his fifth of the season.
- The lefty last appeared on Sunday against the Seattle Mariners, when he tossed six innings, allowing one earned run while giving up one hit.
- In four games this season, the 24-year-old has put up an ERA of 5.49, with 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .225 against him.
- Shuster will try to go five or more innings for his third straight start. He’s averaging 4.8 innings per outing.
- He will face a Phillies offense that ranks 18th in the league with 215 runs while batting .259 as a unit. It has a collective .419 slugging percentage (11th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 53 home runs (20th in MLB).
Braves Batting Stats
- The Braves have hit 83 homers this season, which ranks second in the league.
- Hitters for Atlanta have a combined .461 slugging percentage this season, which ranks second in MLB.
- The Braves’ .256 batting average ranks 11th in the league this season.
- Atlanta has scored the sixth-most runs in the majors this season with 259.
- The Braves are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking seventh with an OBP of .332.
- Atlanta is ranked 18th in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
Phillies Stats and Trends
Phillies Betting Records
- The Phillies have been chosen as underdogs in 16 games this year and have walked away with the win five times (31.2%) in those games.
- Philadelphia has a win-loss record of 1-4 when favored by +129 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- The Phillies have an implied victory probability of 43.7% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Philadelphia and its opponents have hit the over in 22 of its 50 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- In 50 games with a line this season, the Phillies have a mark of 21-29-0 against the spread.
Taijuan Walker (Phillies Probable Starter)
- The Phillies will send Walker (3-2) to make his 11th start of the season. He is 3-2 with a 5.79 ERA and 42 strikeouts over 46 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Sunday against the Chicago Cubs, when he went 5 1/3 scoreless innings while giving up two hits.
- In 10 games this season, the 30-year-old has an ERA of 5.79, with 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .254 against him.
- Walker heads into the game with four quality starts under his belt this season.
- Walker has five starts this campaign that he pitched five or more innings.
- The opposing Braves offense has a collective .256 batting average, and is 13th in the league with 433 total hits and sixth in MLB play with 259 runs scored. They have the second-ranked slugging percentage (.461) and are second in all of MLB with 83 home runs.
Phillies Batting Stats
- The Phillies rank 20th in baseball with 53 total home runs.
- So far this year, Philadelphia ranks 11th in the majors with a .419 slugging percentage.
- The Phillies are 10th in the majors with a .259 batting average.
- Philadelphia scores the 18th-most runs in baseball (215 total, 4.3 per game).
- The Phillies’ .322 on-base percentage ranks 16th in the majors.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Braves vs. Phillies: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Friday, May 26, 2023
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Stadium: Truist Park
- TV Channel: MLB.tv
- Live Stream: Fubo (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER. Must be 21 or older to gamble.