On Saturday, the Arizona Diamondbacks (35-23) are hosting the Atlanta Braves (33-24), at 10:10 PM ET. The Diamondbacks have won six straight.
As the favorite, the Braves (-206 moneyline odds) take the field at the Diamondbacks (+173). The Braves will start Spencer Strider (5-2) against the Diamondbacks and Ryne Nelson (2-2).
These squads meet again after the Diamondbacks’ 3-2 victory over the Braves yesterday. Merrill Kelly (7.0 IP, 2 R, 5 H, 8 K) registered the win for the Diamondbacks. Christian Walker went 1-for-3 with a double and an RBI to lead the team on offense. Charlie Morton (7.0 IP, 3 R, 6 H, 9 K) took the loss on the mound for the Braves.
Here is what you need to get ready for Saturday’s Braves vs. Diamondbacks matchup, including viewing options.
Atlanta Braves vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Saturday at 3:22 AM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Braves (-206, bet $206 to win $100)
- Underdog: Diamondbacks (+173, bet $100 to win $173)
- Over/under: 8.5
Catch the excitement and bet with Tipico!
Double Down, Ohio! Deposit $200, Get $250. Bet now! In Colorado and New Jersey, claim your 100% Deposit Match up to $250 now! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions.
Braves Stats and Trends
Braves Betting Records
- The Braves have won 28, or 57.1%, of the 49 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Atlanta is 10-3 this season when entering a game favored by -206 or more on the moneyline.
- The Braves have a 67.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Atlanta has gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 31 of 57 chances this season.
- The Braves have an ATS record of 22-35-0 in 57 games with a spread this season.
Spencer Strider (Braves Probable Starter)
- Strider makes the start for the Braves, his 12th of the season. He is 5-2 with a 3.11 ERA and 106 strikeouts in 63 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Sunday against the Philadelphia Phillies, the righty went six innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering two hits.
- In 11 games this season, the 24-year-old has an ERA of 3.11, with 15.0 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .178 against him.
- Strider is trying to prolong a second-game quality start streak in this game.
- Strider will try to last five or more innings for his 12th straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.7 innings per outing.
- He meets a Diamondbacks offense that ranks fifth in the league with 290 runs while batting .261 as a unit. It has a collective .432 slugging percentage (sixth in MLB action) and has hit a total of 65 home runs (14th in MLB).
- The 24-year-old ranks 20th in ERA (3.11), sixth in WHIP (.990), and first in K/9 (15.0) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Braves Batting Stats
- The Braves have hit 94 homers this season, which ranks third in the league.
- Hitters for Atlanta have a combined .458 slugging percentage this season, which ranks third in MLB.
- The Braves’ .255 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking 10th in MLB.
- Atlanta is among the highest-scoring teams in the majors, ranking sixth with 284 total runs this season.
- The Braves have the 11th-best on-base percentage in MLB this season (.327).
- Atlanta ranks 17th in strikeouts per game (8.7) among MLB offenses.
Diamondbacks Stats and Trends
Diamondbacks Betting Records
- The Diamondbacks have won in 18, or 56.2%, of the 32 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- This season, Arizona has been victorious two times in three chances when named as an underdog of at least +173 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Diamondbacks have a 36.6% chance of pulling out a win.
- Arizona and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 27 of its 58 opportunities.
- The Diamondbacks are 35-23-0 against the spread in their 58 games that had a posted line this season.
Ryne Nelson (Diamondbacks Probable Starter)
- Nelson (2-2) gets the starting nod for the Diamondbacks in his 12th start of the season. He’s put together a 5.37 ERA in 57 2/3 innings pitched, with 37 strikeouts.
- In his most recent time out on Monday against the Colorado Rockies, the right-hander threw five innings, allowing five earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- In 11 games this season, the 25-year-old has amassed a 5.37 ERA and 5.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .291 to opposing hitters.
- Nelson has registered three quality starts this season.
- Nelson will aim to last five or more innings for his fourth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.2 innings per outing.
- He will face a Braves offense that ranks sixth in the league with 284 total runs scored while batting .255 as a unit. His opponent has a collective .458 slugging percentage (third in MLB play) and has hit a total of 94 home runs (third in the league).
Diamondbacks Batting Stats
- The Diamondbacks rank 14th in MLB action with 65 total home runs.
- This season, Arizona ranks sixth in baseball with a .432 slugging percentage.
- The Diamondbacks have the sixth-best batting average in the league (.261).
- Arizona scores the fifth-most runs in baseball (290 total, 5.0 per game).
- The Diamondbacks’ .324 on-base percentage ranks 12th in the majors.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Braves vs. Diamondbacks: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Saturday, June 3, 2023
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Stadium: Chase Field
- TV Channel: MLB.tv
- Live Stream: Fubo (Watch Here!)
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER. Must be 21 or older to gamble.